Gfycat DMCA Policy
Copyright Complaints: Gfycat respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement you should notify Gfycat of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
Gfycat will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to Gfycat’s Copyright Agent at email@example.com (Subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”). You may also contact us by mail at:Attn: Copyright Complaint
165 University Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94301
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service, with enough detail that we may find it on the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Repeat Infringer Policy
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Gfycat has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Gfycat's sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers.